- Drove to the Lake.
- Took a long walk along the shore (you can’t do this during the summer, because the lake level is 3 feet higher, so you would be walking along the tops of the walls instead of along the shore)
- Ate tomato soup and cheese sandwiches.
- Fished in the morning, then it rained. Dan caught a large Drum.
- The kids were going stir crazy, so we took them bowling (except for Danielle who wasn’t feeling well, and Jake, who is just a baby.
- We got 2 lanes, one with bumpers, one without.
- Allison won on the kids lane with a 100. It was her birthday, so it was nice that she won.
- Dan shot a 209, I shot a 164, and Barb shot an 80. Unfortunately, that was over 2 games (103, 106)(66,98)(35,45).
- We decorated a bunny cake for Alli’s birthday.
- Fished in the morning. Justin caught 2 Largemouth Bass, Dan caught 1.
- Went to church. It lasted 1 hour 40 minutes. The priest sang everything – prayers, reading, etc. At the 1 hour mark he told us not to look at our watches, because we would be there for a while.
- Fished some more. Danielle and Allison each caught a large mouth bass. All fish were caught using Canadian-Night-Crawlers.
- Justin and Danielle played with Justin’s remote control boat. They attached fishing line and a stick to act as a water skier.
- Drove home. As we got close, everyone decided that we should get Fritz’s. Justin wanted a Strawberry concrete made with chocolate custard. Danielle wanted a sundae with sprinkles and extra cherries. Alli wanted the same, only out of chocolate. Brenda wanted a cookiedough out of chocolate concrete. I was leaning toward a caramel out of chocolate concrete. Pulling into the parking lot, we saw the dreaded sign – Fritz’s was closed. No frozen custard for us.
I have been getting a bunch of hits from:
I updated my archive today – some of the pictures had gotten lost in the various Bloghorn updates, so I reposted many of them today. If you click on the Sept 11 subject, you can view what I’ve posted so far. I still have many more to go.
A 1 ounce bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos has exactly the same number of calories as a 12 ounce can of Coke.