Okay, I admit it, I forgot the exact set up to last weeks groaner – it was something about a guy who decided to become a psychic, but kept getting beaten up (bones broken) by his clients. His friend kept trying to help him, first by giving him a good psychic name – Super Hal. Then eventually figures out the obvious, that Super Hal the Fragile Mystic has Chronic Halitosis.
Anyway, on to my sister Barb’s favorite joke –
Every day at sunrise, all of the monks would meet in the gathering area and recite a simple chant of greating to each other. Everyday it was same thing, the head monk would chant – “MORNING”. All of the gathered monks would respond, “MORNING”
One monk thought this was terribly mundane, so one day when the head monk called out, “MORNING” he replied, “EVENING”
The head monk immediately broke into song, “Someone chanted evening…”
Barb didn’t get this joke, but that didn’t keep my father from telling it to her everyday for a week before the went to the Muny to see South Pacific
. In the middle of the performance she broke into uncontrolable laughter – “Someone chanted evening”
I’ve seen a lot of other sites list the first 10 random songs that their iPod plays on Friday – Here is what mine came up with today.
- Bedbugs and Ballyhoo (Echo and the Bunnymen – Echo and the Bunnymen)
- Blue Dress (Depeche Mode – Violator)
- Shout to the Top (The Style Council – Vision Quest Soundtrack)
- Need You Tonight (INXS – Live Baby Live)
- La Dulcinea (The Judybats – Pain Makes You Beautiful)
- Disintegration (The Cure – Disintegration)
- Somebody (Depeche Mode – 101 Disc 1)
- St. Louis to Chicago (Finns – The World You See…)
- When You’re Mine (EMF – Schubert Dip)
- Playground (The Outfield – Bangin’)
Side note – any of my siblings have any of the following that they would like to loan me – my copies walked off at a party back when I lived at 1112 Hamilton Way, Columbia, MO – probably in 1991 or 1992 – damn Frat boys weren’t even invited from what I remember, and they walked off with about 20 CD’s, half of which were mine.
- INXS – KICK
- New Order – Substance – Disk 1
- The Mighty Lemon Drops – ????
- The Smithereens – whatever their second album was.
- Outfield – Play Deep
- Depeche Mode – Music for the Masses