- We sold the swing set/fort/play house. It was quite a task moving it from the backyard, up the hill, and onto the trailer. A few of the bottom boards had rotted a bit, but in all, most of the wood was in pretty good shape, and the slide, etc were still in good shape.
- Is it a sign of the end of the world that the Dow is in the low 8000’s, the Rams won a game they were expected to lose and both Mizzou and Oklahoma lost games that they were expected to win all in under 24 hours? Or is it just that the last time the Dow was this low the Tigers and Sooners sucked and the Rams didn’t?
- I didn’t get the boat out this weekend. I really wanted to, but Brenda was working.
- I also didn’t get to take the larvae to Fright-fest at Six Flags. I didn’t have the energy Saturday after the swing set move.
Today’s Monday Mosquito Eater comes from Sue Beatrice:
Click to see the full size version (the smaller picture doesn’t really do it justice).
- [Verb] It (EMF)
- The [Adjective] Girl (The Cure)
- Sally (Gogol [noun])
- Anywhere’s [adjective] than here (The Replacements)
- Dead (They Might Be [plural nouns])
- Get Up ([abbreviation])
- Icing Sugar (The[noun])
- When I [verb] around ([adjective] Day)
- [Adjective] Offender (New Order)
- By My Side ([abbreviation])
- Sex[verb] (The Dresden [plural nouns])
- My new [noun] should arrive back at the manufacturer today. They suspect a problem with the mother board. Hopefully I will have it back early next week.
- I’m maxed out on vacation hours again. Looks like I need to [verb] a [noun] very soon. I had hoped to use a day to work on my [adjective] project, but without my [noun], that’s not very practical.
- Wouldn’t it be nice to NET what you GROSS, just for a month or two.
Frank was a little confused by the framing of the presidential candidates, but he found a list that explains it all in great detail. For the Meme, copy the list and add to it so that others can really understand the candidates. Bold face your additions.
I’m a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight…..
* If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you’re
* Grow up in Alaska eating moose burgers, a quintessential American
* If your name is Barack you’re a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
* Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you’re a maverick.
* Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.
* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you’re well
* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become
the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a
voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend
12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a
State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people,
become chairman of the state Senate’s Health and Human
Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate
representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131
bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public
Works and Veteran’s Affairs committees, you don’t have any real
* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city
council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000
people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000
people, then you’re qualified to become the country’s second
highest ranking executive.
* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while
raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches,
you’re not a real Christian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left
your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month,
you’re a Christian.
* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education,
including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the
fiber of society.
* If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with
no other option in sex education in your state’s school system
while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, you’re very
* If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position
in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner
city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family’s
values don’t represent America’s.
* If your husband is nicknamed “First Dude,” with at least one DWI
conviction and no college education, who didn’t register to vote
until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the
secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely
*If you are opposed legalized abortions even if the cases of incest and rape, you are pro women’s rights.
* If you own 1 house, you are an out of touch elitist, but if you don’t know how many houses you own, you are just a regular guy.