Everyone has their ideas about how to save the Big 12 conference. My answer is even simpler – Kick Texas out – Or just have a meeting between all the other schools to decide on everything and tell Texas take it or leave it.
- Body Count (Ice-T with Body Count)
- Snail Shell (They Might Be Giants)
- Work Hard (Depeche Mode)
- Pure Energy (Information Society)
- Young Offender (New Order)
- Creep (Radiohead)
- A Little Respect (Erasure)
- Throwing Things (Ned’s Atomic Dustbin)
- We Propose (Ziggy Marley)
- To Have And To Hold (Depeche Mode)
- Masonic Funeral Music, K.477 (Mozart)
- How about those Missouri Tigers. If you missed Denmon’s shot with 2 seconds left in the 1st half, you have to watch this…
As you may remember, each year I see if I can do a better job of picking the winners in NCAA basketball tournement than my quarter. With the down economy, this year I had to use two dimes and a nickle (2dn system) instead of a quarter for my base-line bracket. I don’t think much of the 2dn system at this point — I seriously doubt that the final four will be Robert Morris, Cal, Villanova, and Butler, with Butler winning it all.
For my bracket I picked Louisville, UConn, Duke, and Oklahoma, with Louisville winning it all.
- White Wedding (Billy Idol)
- Chump (Green Day)
- Take A Chance On Me (Erasure)
- Sweethearts (Camper van Beethoven)
- All I Want (
Frog the Dry CogToad the Wet Sprocket)
- Shores of California (Dresden Dolls)
- Cut (Cure)
- Snakepit (Cure)
- Daylight (Judybats)
- Tomorrow is Danielle’s last basketball game of the season. If they win, the team will be .500 (4 – 4), significantly better than my head coaching debut of 0 – 6.
- I know it isn’t a very productive day when I can’t even listen to 11 songs…
- Doomsville (Rainmakers)
- Shelia Take a Bow (The Smiths)
- Love Is The Seventh Wave (Sting)
- Homesick (Soul Asylum)
- Disappointed (Public Image Ltd.)
- Heartland (U2)
- Lucky (The Dead Milkmen)
- Welcome To Paradise (Green Day)
- Axur, Finale (Mozart)
- I Still Believe (Tim Cappello)
- Water (Dinosaur Jr)
- Quite the list of downer songs/ song names this week. Goes nicely with the dreary gray weather.
- I came up with a new drill at basketball practice last night. The girls have a tendency to hold the ball too long or to try to do too much on their own. To stop this, before we scrimaged I told them that if they held the ball for more than 3 seconds or dribbled for more than 5 seconds I was going to call a turnover. After they got burned a few times they did a much better job of keeping the ball moving. I’ll have to remember that one.